I made a game for Kyle’s birthday called Mulder’s Quest. You can get it here on my site, or on itch.io. It should run on any windows computer that’s OpenGL 2 compatible, and on Intel Macs 10.6+ that are OpenGL 2 compatible.
no nightly build again
Day 18 Progress
- Fixed a GL1 sprite color issue. was memcpy-ing (src,dest,size) not (dest,src,size). Oops.
- Wumbo now works (mostly) on non-OGL2 devices. I had to add a check to certain lines so OGL2 code wasn’t called, which causes crashes.
- No more super-glitched level overlaying. (Might re-add it as a bonus feature though)
Unimplemented major features, or features I left half programmed.
- New rendering engine has no color or alpha blending when using GL1
- no saving of ini data whatsoever. Sorry!
- Magic doesn’t work in a 1×1 area, instead of impaling yourself in the ground, you jump up to the nearest empty space.
- No BOMBS
- No GHOST
- WARP still shows all objects and doesn’t have the color flash or anything.
- No K screen, when you fall too far and enter the end of the game world.
Recurring Bugs (newest bugs listed first.)
Levels display stacked when the game isn’t run from VS.
When leaving the first room with a boat, you explode as if you pressed K.
Sound doesn’t function correctly while in the pizza zone
When leaving rooms sometimes, a second player will be created on a ferry falling from the ceiling.
- Discovered a bug where if you are standing on the edge of a block and press A and then press the direction which will make you fall off the block, you will ride up with the hook as your head. This is a collision issue.
- FIXEDFalling and
Hookshot break in small places.Hookshot is intended to work like this, sayeth Kyle
Player never faces left. No idea why. The code is there for it to draw flipped, but it doesn’t?
- Player falls at half speed. ?????
- Everything else.